The Chronological Order of Relationships with Parents


     Something that has really been on my mind recently is the ups and downs of a parent-child relationship as the child grows older. It starts with being in the womb, your parents voice and sounds are calming to a fetus and create that first touches of a relationship. Next when the baby is born it is the skin to skin process. This is such a great way for bonding for a parent and newborn. After this the relationship stays pretty close until about twelve or thirteen when hormomes are a big factor and parents are a young adolescences worst enemy. Now I can only imagine how that feels as a parent to have your sweet infant become a hormonal monster who hates you. Then into late teen years the relationship becomes closer as its less parenting and more advice.

 I feel as if I have reached that checkpoint with my parents since I am nineteen years old and they are about 85% my friends and 15% my parents. I love growing a adult relationship with them and talking about my life with them. I mean they deserved to listen in on whats going on in the life they created. 

When talking to your parents and feeling like they are against you remember they were the first two people on your team and will always be your #1 supporters no matter how old you get. Treat them with respect and prove to them everyday the life they created will be great.

Comments

Popular Posts