Cartel Land Discussion questions

 Cartel Land


1.The scene that got to me was the funeral and burial of fifteen people including children and babies. That in itself is heart wrenching to have thirteen from one family pass but how they died was awful. I can’t even imagine what that felt like. To hear the screams of the family and see their pain they deserve justice. The crime of killing fifteen workers just because their employer had a debt to pay is unacceptable. I feel the rage and helplessness of the family. But they are just forced to move on? That is the most cold hearted crime I have ever heard of and it will just be ignored.


2. What surprised me was the picture of the neighbors heads cut off. To do the crime is disgusting but to take a picture like you would of something you are proud of? That is sickening to see, I cannot believe a human being would do that to three men and then take a picture of it. It is unbelievable.



3. After viewing a few thoughts clouded my head. Toward the end the autodefensas started raiding houses and stealing their perpetrators belongings and their reasoning was that the Templars did it so they are doing it back to them. But that still doesn’t make it right? The point of the autodefensas was to protect families and the town not become the same or almost equal with the cartels? 




4. I would avoid researching Cartel Land due to how graphic it became. I wouldn’t want to get caught in all the violence. This story is definitely a sensitive one. Plus our research wouldn’t be validated in any way. We don’t know what goes on at the border unless we see it.

Comments

Popular Posts